Hubbards Gin is owned and run by Phil and Julie, who are a gin loving husband and wife team based in the wonderful city of Worcester. Our brand takes its name from Julie’s great grandmother. The surname Hubbard is a name of ancient Norman origin. It arrived in England with the Norman Conquest of 1066.
- Award winning Hubbards Casino Blend
- Cherry & orange bitters flavoured premium gin
- Our casino blend is based on the 1930’s Casino Cocktail first featured in the Savoy Hotel Cocktail Book.
- We use our London Dry Gin as a base which is blended with deconstructed orange bitters and maraschino cherry.
- Through careful blending we have been able to retain the classic gin flavour that characterises this classic cocktail.
Features & details
- Nose: Definitely gin! This is a clever one. Initially juniper forward, with an earthy, woodland-floor note. In the wings lies a honey-sweet granola, topped with red berry compote.
- Palate: True to the nose, but evolves in the opposite direction. Maraschino cherries straight off the bat. Sweet, with just an underpinning of almond. This is nicely balanced by a piney, juniper note. As it develops, we get a little more of a citrus note, specifically orange, that does a great job of freshening things up. All-in-all, this is a grown-up Black Forest gateau.
- Finish: Long, loud and very clear. More of the maraschino cherry note, with just an echo of juniper freshness.
- First release from Worcester’s Hubbards Gin
- Awarded Silver at the 2019 London Spirits Competition